The Dniprovskyi district is one of the oldest districts of the city, founded in 1928. The active development of the district began in the 1930's in order to meet the needs of the rapidly growing industrial objects of Zaporizhzhia. In 1936 the district was named Leninskyi, in 2016 it was renamed to Dniprovskyi.
The area of the Dniprovskyi district is 49.7 sq. km. The territory combines several settlements and micro districts that were developed at different times: Velykyi Luh, Verkhnia Khortytsia, Pravyi bereh, Borodynskyi and Osypenkivskyi microdistricts, Sotsmisto.
Large industrial enterprises, key municipal enterprises of the city, the legendary hydroelectric power station of DneproHES, Zaporizhzhian river port are located on the territory of the Dniprovskyi district.
Zaporizhzhia regional philharmonic, palaces of culture, libraries are located on the territory of the district. The most important monument of the district and the city is the DniproHES dam.
In the Verkhnia Khortytsia, buildings of the Mennonite settlements of Khortytsia and Rosenthal were preserved. There you'll find an oak, which is not less than 700 years old. Unfortunately, the mighty tree has saved only one live branch.
An architectural monument is the building of Sotsmisto — an example of Soviet constructivism. In addition, the Museum of the History of Weapons is located on the territory of the Dniprovskyi district.