The Oleksandrivskyi district is one of the oldest districts in Zaporizhzhia, based on the place of the old Aleksandrovsk in 1935. By 1961 the district was called Stalinskyi, and by 2016 it was called Zhovtnevyi. Zaporizhzhia citizens call the district the old part of the city.
The Oleksandrivskyi district is the smallest among other districts of the city, its area is 11.2 sq. km. The district has a developed infrastructure: shopping and entertainment centers, banking institutions, restaurants and cafes operate on its territory.
Three universities, two theaters, four libraries, including the Zaporizhzhia Oblast Universal Scientific Library, are located in the district.
Here is the largest park in the city, Dubovyi Hai, which lies on the banks of the Mokra Moskovka river.
There are two monuments of architecture of national significance on the territory of the district: the Badovskyi estate and the building of the Aleksandrovsk District Council, now it is the Zaporizhzhia regional lore museum.